Monday, August 16, 2010

A swift kick in the pants

Sorry it has taken so long to come back on here.  It has been really busy here.  I have been gone everyone night this week. Oh and I have also been learning how to shop with coupons.  It is fascinating!!! I go for the first time today.  I have my list and my coupons.  I am ready. Anyways, back to my story.

So as I sit there contemplating all the ways I can tell my husband and family. I think of all of these creative ways. I think about wrapping a jar of prego for my parents or mailing them something. I think about making a banner for my husband or putting little slips of paper in ballons and making him pop them.  I creating a puzzle with where he has to put it together.  My daydream bubble is busted when I  look down at the stick and realize that I do not need to worry about telling my family, husband, or anyone because it is a Big Fat Negative. Honestly, I was not that disappointed because I was naive to what laid ahead. I was looking forward to the practice with my new husband.  My attitude was so care free back then.  We had so many options and avenues.  I had plenty of time and was confident that I would be pregnant in no time

I actually would not get my period a whole another year and a half. I went to the doctor.  He just told me "well if you really want it I can bring your period on but it is no big deal if you don't have it"  Now let me explain one thing. I know I was a 21 year old female but I honestly did not know a lot about getting pregnant. I mean I knew where babies came from....I don't need that lecture! What I mean is that I did not know that if you were not having your period, you were not ovulating.  So when my doctor acted like...."Aren't you happy that you don't have your period every month and why would you want to bring it on?" I was like okay don't start it.  Now that I am older and have done through many years of infertility treatments and counted every cycle day I have had and BD down to an exact second I know how stupid that was.  So I basically wasted a year and a half of baby trying.  It was not going to happen.  No period.....No baby.  Part of me wants to go back and smack that doctor because he knew we were trying to get a baby.  After a year and a half of trying on our "own" I decided to go to another doctor.  One that came recommended.  Supposedly we delivered Arnold Schwarzenegger babies. I was so excited!!  I learned a lot from this doctor and he put me on the first of my many fertility regimen.  From this doctor I learned for the first time that .......

Remember I am telling these stories to tell you how this blog came to pass. It is a good story. I promise.  Please keep reading and bring others. Below is my laugh for the week.  When I saw this I started laughing.  Talk about a slap in the face. LOL!! This was what I got in my mailbox this week.







6 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda :) Just want you to know that I love reading your blog and wish both you and Milton all things beautiful that life has to offer. Love you and may God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok....not funny! The magazine is not funny! I hated to stop reading...Keep the story coming! I choked on the imagining of the ways to tell your family...and was fascinated by the doctor who delivered "Arnold's" babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want more!
    Seriously about the magazine?!? Did it come to the wrong address or was there no address, or was it really to you? Because that is just weird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh so not funny about the mail. Two years ago I got pamphlet for "assure" and on front it said "Are you done having kids?" Doh! I hadn't even started thank-you-very-much annoying advertisement of annoyance! Annoying!

    BTW, you're a great story teller. I'm captivated. Hope to read another installment soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh oops..I sent the gift issue to the wrong friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. j/k it wasn't me...I wouldn't do that...:)

    ReplyDelete